Thursday, December 31, 2009

2000 -2009 Recap

Happy New Year..everyone. As we enter into a new decade I would like to share with you..the last 10 years of my life and what I hope to accomplish in the next decade.

Lets see..where do I start...so many things have happened during this period.

Ok, lets start with the lows...that way we can end with the highs.

I lost a player (Patrick Dennehy) who was murder in 2003. Patrick was like a son to me and I took his death very hard. Its been almost 7yrs since he was killed and I miss him so much. Pat drove me crazy at times...but I loved him like my own. I've tried to keep his memory alive by hosting the Patrick Dennehy memorial Rumble in the Bay basketball tournament. The event has grown over the years and has become the premier spring tournament in the west.

I had some personal things that I had to overcome also. I spent the most of the early part of the decade of fighting the temptation of committing suicide because of all the things I was going through. I was able to get past that and I haven't had those feelings in years and I'm in a much better place mentally, so I won't be having those feelings again.

I also discovered that I had some fake ass friends who never really were my friend at all. Its amazing how you can be there for someone in their time of need and be a support for them and their family and then have them..have them stab you in the back and then not talk to you..like you did something wrong to them..that shit is really hilarious to me. I guess those kind of people usually expose themselves sooner or later and then you should just walk away because cussing them out doesn't really solve anything even if it feels good at the time.

Ok, enough of the lows..let here about the HIGH'S

My kids were born and I love them with everything I have. The are the main reason why I work so hard. I have 3 tattoos that I have of them "D3P" one of my tatts says "the best of me"..because I hope and pray that they are the best of me.

I've meet some friends that have really inspired me to go after all my dreams and to not stop until I make them happen and that is what I'm working on.

The Ballers had a great decade...we were strong the early part of the decade and then we dipped and had to rebuild during the middle part of the decade..but we finished the decade off very strong.

I had the great pleasure of coaching 24 boys that played their ass off this spring and summer. I wouldn't any of them for any other player. They were a very special group for me to coach.

My adopted Aussie sons Josh and Scotty had been a blessing to my team and to my life. They are two great kids and its been a pure joy to coach them and to have them apart of my family.

My other guys I also love like they were my own kids..I could write a novel about all of them.

My goals are not just for 2010 but for the whole decade and there are:
  • Become a college coach at the Division I level.
  • Finish my 300 hours and become a certified sports psychologist
  • Get more tattoos about my kids and where I'm from (Long Beach...Baby)
  • Keep the Ballers playing at a top level.
  • Love my kids more each day
  • Make sure people don't take my kindness as a weakness
  • Put people in their place more often
  • Stop being so damn politically correct.
  • Stop dealing with fake ass people who pretend to be your friend
  • Workout more than I do now
  • Keep eating healthy

That is about it right...but I may add more later.

Thank you for reading my blog and have a very Happy New Year

Peace & Love

Big Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment